Nyhavn
Nyhavn ”New Port” was established by King Frederik V (1646-1699 – ruled Denmark and Norway 1670–99) in 1670-73 as a gateway from the sea to the old inner city and at that time the canal area reached right up to the Kongens Nytorv (Kings Square), where the ships unloaded their cargo and the fishermen their daily catch. The trade and shipping activities around Nyhavn provide a strong growth of Copenhagen and the many houses surrounding the Nyhavn canal along the two quays are more than 300 years old.

One Response to Nyhavn

Lämna ett svar

Din e-postadress kommer inte publiceras. Obligatoriska fält är märkta *

Denna webbplats använder Akismet för att minska skräppost. Lär dig hur din kommentardata bearbetas.